Oct 11, 2016

Start Spreading the News








Happy Tuesday!
Today I am on the So Suzy Stamps blog sharing a card using this gorgeous Maple Line Leaf from the October release and the greeting You Got This.  this card is for a friend of mine who found out she has stage 4 cancer and she loves the fall colors.

To make my card I started with a white top folding card base,a stitched panel, some design paper and distress inks. I stamped the leaf image three times across the front of the panel and then created a mask for each of them by stamping the image on some removable adhesive labels and hand cutting them out. Next I placed the mask I created over each of them and sponged Rusty Hinge, Fozziled Amber and Carved Pumpkin distress inks around them at an angle covering them but leaving some white space at the top and bottom. 
I finished the card by removing the masks and stamping the sentiment at the bottom.


Here is a close up of the sponging


I am also sharing this one over at Splitcoaststampers for  Lydia's challenge  of Start Spreading the News in the Falliday Fest





2 comments :

  1. Ceal, this is gorgeous! What a special card for your friend. You are so kind to surround your friend with love and support during this challenging time!! Sending positive thoughts and lots of hugs your way! Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great leaf stamp and super card design! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile