Aug 7, 2017

Thanks A Melon



Can you believe that school is starting back already? seems like it gets earlier each year. Since summer is almost over I decided to make another watermelon card. I made this one for a couple challenges. The dare to get Dirty challenges over on Splitcoast Stampers and the CASology challenge of Juicy, because watermelon is definitely juicy and so yummy! 

To make my card I started with a top folding white card base and some bristol paper because I have found that the distress oxide inks blend very well on this type paper.
 I started by blending Lucky Clover at the bottom, then a strip of Twisted Citron and finishing it with Candy Apple, after i got it all the oxide inks blended out I used the Mini Scenery: Spotty stamp by Winnie & Walter. This stamp is the perfect watermelon stamp, don't you agree? To finish the card I cut the panel down with a stitched die by Lil Inker Designs and added the greeting from the Orange You Sweet set by Concord & 9th.






6 comments :

  1. Simply brilliant idea - what a juicy piece of watermelon. So happy you could play in the CASology challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this, Ceal!!! So incredibly clever and totally fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ceal, this watermelon card looks so juicy and delicious! So rich against the white card base, I LOVE it! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ceal, this is a great way to say watermelon without actually using one. Thanks for sharing again with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you did an amazing job creating a watermelon with the distress oxides!
    Brilliant!
    Thank you so much for joining us at CASology !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment, they always bring a smile